- Serves: 4 People
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking: 1 hour
- Calories: 0
- Difficulty: easy
This crispy and gooey cheesy pie is perfect for a picnic or afternoon tea.
- Preheat Oven to 190 celsius degree ( 375 fahrenheit degree, Gas Mark 5).
- Lightly oil 23 x4 cm (9 x 1.5 in) pie dish.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix together, the cheeses, eggs, yoghurt and nutmeg.
- Dampen a tea towel and lay out one sheet of filo pastry at a time.Keep the rest of the pastry in its packet while not being used. It needs to be kept damp.
- Place a portion of the mixture along the long edge of the pastry, about 3cm (1 in) wide.
- Starting at the end with the mixture, gently roll the pastry up into a tube. Place the tube along the edge of the pie dish.
- Repeat with the second filo sheet. Keep placing the tubes in the dish so that they form a coil that curls towards the centre. Continue until you have filled the dish with the coiled ricotta tubes.
- Sprinkle with a bit of water and brush with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
You may also like
Add Your Comment