- Serves: 4 People
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- Calories: 200
- Difficulty: easy
Soft, fluffy, sweet and tangy instant dhokla is a perfect breakfast, lunch box or tea time snack made from gram flour. Here is the recipe of this delicious instant khaman
- Firstly, sift the gram flour twice.
- Now in a big mixing bowl, take gram flour, add salt, citric acid, turmeric powder, sugar and asafoetida. Mix well.
- Now add oil and water little by little and whisk the mixture in one direction till the consistency of batter turns smooth and flowy.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add 2-3 cups of water in a pressure cooker and bring it to a boil.
- Now add in the baking soda and give it a nice and quick whisk.
- Pour this batter into the greased pan.
- Place the pan in pressure cooker. Remove the whistle and cover it with a lid.
- Steam it for 15 minutes on high flame.
- After 15 minutes open the lid, insert a toothpick or a knife into the dhokla. If it comes out clean means the dhokla is done.
- Allow it to cool down.
- When the dhokla is warm, demould it. Make cuts and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, sesame seeds, curry leaves and green chillies. Stir for few seconds.
- Add in the water, lemon juice, salt and sugar. Give it a mix and let this tempering boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Now pour this mixture evenly on the dhokla.
- Garnish with chopped coriander, sev or grated coconut and serve.
You may also like
Add Your Comment